Welcome New GPSA's Program Coordinator - Lynette Edsall

Earlier this semester GPSA’s program coordinator, Angela Stone, switched jobs after more than three years of working for our program. Angela was an integral part of GPSA and provided support and guidance to both faculty and students.

As of November 1, GPSA is excited to announce our new program coordinator, Lynette Edsall. She comes with a rich resume of service to ISU and graduate education. Below is how Lynette describes herself: “I am an Iowa girl, born and raised in Cherokee. I took a detour to Minneapolis for a few years after high school but returned home after a serious car accident to pursue my education. I received my BA in English with a History minor at UNI and my MA in Medieval History here at Iowa State. Along the way, I met my now-late husband online in the infancy of the internet. He proposed to me at the Chateau du Chillon on Montreux, Switzerland between groups of tourists. We had 15 crazy years together.

I have worked on campus as a graduate assistant in the IDGP programs of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology and Neuroscience. I was the Program Assistant for Bioethics and, most recently, a Student Services Specialist in Chemistry for fourteen years.

I have two Shelties, Brody and Darby, and in my spare time (what is that?!), I like to read, do genealogy and travel. I love to cruise and in December, I will be taking my 12th cruise to the Southern Caribbean.

I am really looking forward to meeting and working with everyone!!”

Please welcome Lynette to our program!